Tuesday, February 14, 2012

405 Trap Bar Lift


I went into the gym sort of bummed out this day. It was a lower body day so I was into my 2nd set of trap bar deadlifts when I mentioned to Paul that I needed to be pumped about something, so maybe I should see what my max is. We started out at 315 I believe then we kept adding. I hit 365, but it was sloppy cause of my foot placement. Paul said I could do 385 or 405, but if I missed 405 we would stop and the 365 I hit earlier would be my max, but on the other hand, hitting 385 could fatigue me before attempting 405. I decided to shoot for the 405 right out. Paul seemed amped about my attempt, he asked what I wanted to hear over the speakers to pump me up, then he said, "I got something for you!" and he went to his bag and grabbed his iPod. Next thing I knew this was playing over the speakers...

It worked obviously! I hit 405 pretty easily, no slowing down. Paul thought I should shut it down after cause I did a lot of work that day. I think I had at least 50 more pounds in me. 500 is right around the corner! I was excited afterwards, Paul even more so! We were filming it, so here it is. Paul likes to be fancy and combined all my lifts into one edited video with commentary. It's nice to have a record of something I haven't been able to do since high school.

Here is Paul's edited version:

1 comment: